Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day -27

Oh, what an unremarkable title for this epic first post. Well, I guess titles are not really my thing. What seems to be my thing these days is experiencing tiny meltdowns at really unexpected times.

I mean. My life is pretty cool right now. The giant-move-to-New-York is going according to plan. The current job is slowly winding down and I do not expect anything major happening during my last few weeks here. Budget stuff is really neat at the moment and is going according to plan, too. I still feel this  giant-move-to-New-York is the best thing that could happen to me and I really WANT this. Friends and family are being their usual awesome selves and I really do appreciate their presence. So, what the fudge is wrong? I expected occasional pangs of nostalgia, a panic attack or two, a couple of bruises acquired through packing and cleaning up (I'm freaking talented when it comes to minor self-injuries)…  that was about it. That was I was expecting from this weird heart of mine.



… SOUNDTRACK OF THE DAY: Lana Del Rey, Summertime sadness



But meltdowns? The ones where all you want to do is hide somewhere and scream while tears pour down your face? Yepp, those ones. I've had a couple so far. And they were all triggered by the most trivial and unexpected happenstances and I hated them all. Hated the meltdowns and happenstances.

Now, on Day -27, they seem to be winding down a bit and are being replaced by a weird feeling that is less violent and more constant. It is a mix of excitement and uneasiness and I guess that's how I'll feel when I board that plane.

But anyhow, WELCOME to this little corner of the blogosphere. I'm moving to New York in a few weeks and thought you might be interested in what happens to me there.

Jules

Izola, Slovenia. Being all charming and cute after a long sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment