Monday, July 29, 2013

Good sport!


For my little home turf of Slovenia, this past few days have been very very good in terms of sports. 
I generally do not follow sports too avidly, but some disciplines give me good reason to do so. 

One of those is sailing. Main reason is that it is kind of a family sport and I was raised in quite a close contact to it, despite not being particularly fond of the activity myself (Sorry, mom). And last week was glorious, since on Saturday, Vasilij Žbogar (best Slovenian sailor EVER) became European champion for the second time in his long career. First time in Finn class. Proving that he is BEYOND awesome. I bow waaaaaaaaay down, badass Vasko!!!

The second one is swimming. Which is kind of my favourite. Because who am I to skip on ogling half-naked fit men in the name of the Olympic spirit. 

Well, today, this ogling kind of paid off, as Damir Dugonjić (currently our best swimmer) finished 4th in Barcelona in 100 m breast. He missed the medal just by a smidgen, but he still pulled off a great final in one of the most competitive swimming disciplines. And he put together an amazing performance,  keeping our spirits high for the 50 breast scheduled for tomorrow & Wednesday. So happy for you, Dugi!!!

And in case any of you were wondering where is this sudden surge of patriotism coming from, here's your explanation. You are welcome. 

Vasko.
Source
Dugi.
Source

Vasko.
Source
Dugi.
Source

Need I say any more?
Jules

p.s. GO SLOVENIA!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment