Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fall. New England.

A couple of weekends ago, a coworker invited me along for a road trip through New England. We did what seemingly every other person on the East coast did: checked out the foliage. 

M: I know you're about to roll your eyes at me for yet another cheesy post, but hey, I like cheese. And I miss you, girl!



Foliage was in full swing in Vermont and New Hampshire; cheddar cheese, maple syrup and pumpkin-flavoured everything were what kept us going; good music and plenty of chit-chat filled the car while we were driving through some seriously beautiful scenery. 





We visited little towns, a civil war re-enactment (no, I'm not kidding!), a book fair and a pumpkin patch, a cool maple syrup farm, the Norman Rockwell museum, and a bunch of places in between. Our Garmin took us on some pretty remote backroads and I will be forever grateful for that. 

We stayed at a very cliche B&B with a chatty owner and elderly guests and a totally weird son/cook and had dinner at a restaurant with the craziest waitress - she drew a pumpkin on our bill. Good times.







We returned to the city on the third day. A little tired, a little nutrition-deprived (as we completely relied on junk food and desserts), and with our batteries completely recharged. It was good to trade New York for the woods for a couple of days. 

SOTD: Green Day - Hitchin' a ride. 

The weirdest part of all was when we first caught a glimpse of Manhattan's skyline on the way home. I felt excited and warm. I felt I came back home. It was the first time that I felt this. I am at home in New York. Cool!

But: Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts, you all look adorable in the october sun and I liked you very much. I am just a tiny bit biased towards Gotham, that's all.

Jules



No comments:

Post a Comment