Monday, October 7, 2013

June in October


This lovely, lovely video became quite famous last fall. Made by the awesome Jamie Scott and posted on Vimeo.  It is a beautiful time-lapse that meticulously recorded the changes Central Park goes through in the fall. Magical does not even begin to describe it.

I first spotted it on Colossal, one of my favourite blogs, almost a year ago. Right around the time when I received official news about my new job. So pardon me if I am a bit biased...


A perfect October Saturday in the Park.

New York is absolutely beautiful this time of year. The light is just amazing, the air is crisp and although we are being treated to balmy temperatures (hello, indian summer), it DOES smell and feel like autumn, despite the fact that I'm still rocking breezy dresses and bare legs like it's Midsummer. If you ask me, we can carry on like this until December. Fine with me (as long as you don't take away my pumpkin pie).

SOTD: Vampire Weekend - Run. Just because.

This past Saturday was especially beautiful. I took Stan out for a loooooooong spin in the Park, then treated myself to a picnic, a pumpkin smoothie and some reading (in the Park) and resumed the looooooooong spin in the Park after lunch. 



Stan AND New York magazine. Perfection.
The leaves have started changing their colors a few weeks ago. The views are not as dramatic as in the video yet, but we are definitely getting there. The ONLY complaint I have is that days are noticeably shorter and I'm stuck in the lab for most of them anyway. Bummer. 

Let the magic begin!

Keep cozy.
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment