Thursday, February 27, 2014

Textfull Thursday AKA life lately

Boy, is this blog neglected or what???
Let's try and fix the situation, shall we. 

In a nutshell, life 's been a bit mad this past week. Basically, I could be found in exactly two locations. One being the lab, the other being my bed. Nothing in between. Crazy, but weirdly gratifying, since long hours in the lab mean tons of experiments done. Booohoohoooo. 

SOTD: Alanis Morissette - Not the Doctor. Duh!

Of course, I might be embellishing a teeeeeeny tiny bit. Long hours in the lab might mean tons of experiments done, sure, but they not necessarily bring useful data. Often, shit does not work. But us postdocs love science, so we are willing to push it until our brains turn into something that resembles a jellyfish left on a sandy beach. Welcome to my life...

Running three projects at once. Ordinary business.


Of course, long hours in the lab ALSO mean that certain things, like for example those hardly relevant things such as housekeeping/ironing/groceries/life, are left sadly neglected.


Don't tell my mother! She'll kill me!
What is not neglected is my desk at work. Although most of the hours are spent at the bench or in cell culture, one must get caffeinated regularly. And one must scribble stuff in notebooks etc. Especially when one has a terrible, terrible short-term memory.

This one happened last Sunday while some westerns were washing. 
Although I mostly traded daylight for lab glory, I had the chance to peek out the window before leaving the apartment each morning and make an informed decision about what to wear. Yes yes, I am gifted that way.

Last weekend was very generous in terms of weather. Fortunately, it kept behaving reasonably well throughout the week. And why would that be relevant, you may ask. 
HERE's my answer: no snow = no salt = dry clean pavement = no need for sturdy saltproof snowproof boots. Enter, pretty shoes!

Pumps.
Three days in a row.
FINALLY!
Top to bottom:
Miss Sixty
Stuart Weitzman
Alice & Olivia
Now excuse me, but I have a nap to take.
Nighty night.

Jules


Bonus entry. Just because.
Thank you endlessly, AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment