Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I checked out this show only 'cause I dig the actor, and I'm really cool with that.

I am currently sprawled on my bed, MacBook on my lap and glass of chardonnay in my hand. Blogging and unwinding. It's half past eleven pm and I just came back home from my first evah Broadway show. 




Since I hate being cliché, I didn't go for Mamma mia, Stomp or The Lion King. 

Instead, I chose the most cliché-filled show I could think of for my Broadway-de-verginization. A cheesy, but endearingly funny rom-com. Why would I do that (just the thought of the cheesefest makes me want to puke a little bit) when there's just so much good stuff around there in the mainstream department?

My answer is simple: Zachary Levi. D'oh.





He might not be the most well-known household name, but if you ever watched Chuck, you must have loved him. If that bit of info doesn't ring a bell, simply scroll down. 

All images shamelessly copy-pasted from here with the sole purpose of making you drool.





He's tall, dark and nerdy, and totally adorable. Has an amazing smile and kind hazel eyes. And boy, can he sing and dance. 

And he can tell a love story:


"Chuck versus the Goodbye" final scene. 

Well, he might actually lack a bit of crude sex appeal, but he's just too cute not to love. Although. Hmmm, let me rethink that:





Ok, maybe I did underestimate his sex appeal just a smidgen. 

Anyways, back to the show. It was just about everything I expected from a Broadway musical: flashy, chock-full of jokes with predictable punchlines, with catchy tunes, and seriously sugary. But thanks to the relatively small size of the theater and the tiny cast it also felt intimate and personal enough.

I'm actually really happy that I went. I had a great time and yes, I might have drooled a little bit. I couldn't really help it. Zack Levi is just adorable. End of story.


SOTD: The National - Don't swallow the cap. 
It's got NOTHING to do with the post itself, but 
I just CAN. NOT. STOP. listening to this album.

Sweet dreams.
Jules




No comments:

Post a Comment