Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Go nerds!

A Cup of Jo is one of my favourite blogs. That woman is amazing and she posts the most interesting things. Like THIS one, for example.

My maladroit screenshot of the page in question.

A nifty, enticing quiz that measures the approximate prodigiousness or unprodigiousness of your English vocabulary. PULCHRITUDIONUS!

Yeah, yeah, I am so contemptibly showing off my word nerdiness in this post. Duh! And I so wish something similar would exist for my beloved mother tongue, Slovenian. Which is, honestly, a pretty darn hard language to master. Not that I particularly mind...

An American (brilliant Michael Manske) attempts to master the art of Slovene speaking.
And nearly perishes as a consequence. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUkkW7cauPE&list=PLHHZ9vBEFJ2XYso4Lf2KLzqufj2WCCYHr


Oh, I love being a nerd. And a smartass. I mean, I scored 20,000 in the quiz, which is up there with native speakers. Boo-yeah. I guess I just need a wand and improved hair and off I go to Hogwarts. 

Source.

That quiz made me want to grab a book and read my heart out. I guess I should pick up one in Slovenian, though. 

Nerd away.
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment