Monday, June 17, 2013

Cheesefest

Day -1. AKA I leave tomorrow. 

Which obviously means that my farewell party happened yesterday. 
And what a party it was. 

Beachside, rum-infused, and filled with an awesome soundtrack. And there was this fantastic dark chocolate+orange cake topped with an edible version of the Statue of Liberty. And perfectly thoughtful gifts. Small (due to shipping reasons) but nothing short of perfect. All completely in sync with the people who brought them, which makes them that more cherishable. 

Like the tee pictured below, for example. 
You see, I have this HUGE girl crush for Tard, hence the deep love for this tee, designed by my homegirl M.

What's not to love, eh?

BEST. GOODBYE. GIFT. EVER.


Most of my people came to see me and the atmosphere was so bittersweet. My heart was on the verge of exploding. I love those guys and gals endlessly. 

It was a warm and fuzzy summer afternoon and night and I'm happy that everybody had a good time. 

Being the center of attention never truly bothered me, this time it was just plain awesome. I felt so loved in those moments. Hugging and kissing the ones that mean the most to me as they were progressively leaving was equal parts sad and gratifying. Now, this is going to sound really lame, but bear with me here, ok? You see, drinking in all that gooey fluffy pinky sweetness ℅ friends and family was the BEST possible kind of therapy in this weird time. It healed all those dark feelings that have been lurking around the back corners of my stupid brain. 

I feel relieved, happy and super excited for tomorrow and all the tomorrows in New York. And a bit sleepy, too.



SOTD: The National - All the wine. Because the lyrics are awesome. 


Well. Since this time tomorrow, I'll be in my new home city, let me just change the description of the blog. Up until today it said "Occasional musings from a soon-to-be transatlantic transplant". I'm dropping the "soon-to-be" and switching to "rookie" to honour the occasion. YAY NEW YORK!!!

Time to go to bed now. 
Sweet dreams, folks.

Jules


No comments:

Post a Comment