Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ocean? Crossed!

Landed in New York.
Going to bed. Eventually.
Gone west I have. New York I love.
But also Koper, where this pic was taken.

But first, a beer and some blogging.
Actually I originally didn't plan a verbose post, but New York tricked me. 
Want to know the first look I got of the city tonight? 
The sky was grey and heavy with clouds after a thunderstorm, the runways at JFK covered in puddles. But right there, westward, directly above the tip of the Empire State Building, a HUGE, eye-shaped, sunray-streaked flaming orange strip of sunset with the orangey rays reflecting from the puddles on the tarmac. Took my breath away. 

Well played, Gotham. Well played.

G' night.
Jules

p.s. No photo of the fantastic sunset. We were still in the plane, taxiing towards our gate. The attendant would probably react violently to my attempt of documenting said weather phenomenon. Better luck next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment