Saturday, June 8, 2013

Springy microby air...


Saw this comic posted on I fucking love Science a couple of days ago. The original image belongs to the geniuses over here, though. Needless to say, my inner microbiologist flipped and sang a happy tune. My outer self just laughed. Hard


SOTD: Air - Biological.

It's quirks like that that made me fall in love with the life sciences many years ago. 

Of course, now I am a molecular/cell biologist by trade, but in my heart, I'll always be a microbiologist - got a BSc in microbiology from the University of Ljubljana in 2006 (Shit, has it been THAT long???).
The program itself changed, as it's now a 3+2 formula, whereas we did the 4+1 thing back in my day. Why am I talking about this and ruining the nerdy joke in the comic? Because microbes rock AND this year marks the 20th anniversary for the undergrad programme in Microbiology at my alma mater. They are putting together a big celebration and aiming at reuniting most of the alumni and the teaching staff. Which I'll sadly miss because I'll be busy conquering Manhattan.

Us microbiologists are just cool like that, you know, conquering fancy cities and all...

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment