Friday, June 7, 2013

Closing the door.

My oh my, it has arrived.
MY LAST DAY AT THE OLD JOB.

Source


After gradually shutting down lab work, cleaning my desk and shelves in the office, clearing the paperwork and backing up all the data on my computer, that's it.
All I had to do today is cut up a giant goodbye apple strudel (℅ of my amazing mother) and feed it to my colleagues.

But first, a quick trip down memory lane… hmmmm… I've started my first job at fourteen, worked many different temp ones in between and then took this one in 2007. My first real, big girl gig.

This is the place where I grew up professionally, learned how to be a scientist and a teacher and figured out where I want my life to go. Six years, endless hours, wonderful people, eight SCI papers and one PhD, many funny happenings, the occasional "entitled" student that annoyed the shit out of me and whatnot.

Now it's time to turn the page. It certainly feels like the end of an era. And the beginning of a shiny new adventure.



Cheers to that!
And thanks to everyone at work.
Especially my amazing boss. You rock, chief!!!

Pretty PINK flowers, chocolate, pocket money (both $ and € so I can come back) and a lot of warm wishes from everyone at work.

Jules

P.S. I'm wearing my official Lady Gaga "I'm a free bitch" t-shirt today. To work. Because today, I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment