Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Luggage-related shenanigans

14 days to go.
14!!!!!
So, it's only logical that my intermittent control-freakery is letting itself be felt a bit more substantially than it has in the past. SO. MANY. THINGS. TO. DO.

Yesterday after work I treated myself to an afternoon stroll, gorgeous smoothie and a reading session on a bench with a view of sailboats and sea. It was the perfect intro to calm myself before some medical paperwork-related errands that needed to be dealt with. I won't even go into how unnerving slovenian bureaucracy is. Yuck!



After that yucky task was (half-successfully, damn it!) completed, I took a deep breath and leisurely strolled down the main shopping street in the old town and, completely casually, walked into a luggage/handbag store. The same one where my HUGE dark red suitcase was purchased about 5 years ago, completely on a whim. Despite it being an impulse purchase, I've never even remotely regretted that investment. It's more of a high quality piece of luggage. I believe that at my age and with the amount of traveling I do, quality luggage is a must.

Newest family member (right) sitting next to the old big brother and the baby :)


And guess what?
My eye got immediately drawn towards their stock of dark red carry-ons.
Needless to say, I bought one. And needless to say, I did not opt for the one on sale, but the one that was not on sale, but is a lighter and more compact model. I still think I made a very good purchase. On a whim, just like five years ago. I just hope this new piece of luggage will serve me just as well as its older, bigger brother did (an still does).

Here's to many new adventures and loads of frequent flyer miles, suitcases!

Jules


P.S. If you remember my rant about Delta and their additional luggage fees, I must explain that this last purchase was motivated mostly by the fact that I decided not to invest in a new BIG suitcase and opt to use snail mail instead. Which, naturally, gave me carte blanche to buy a fancy new carry-on. Which I did. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment